Monday, April 6, 2015

2015 Crossfit Open

Every February they have the Crossfit Open which consists of 1 workout a week for 5 weeks total.  Anyone can participate and whether you are a normal person like me or a professional crossfitter, everyone has to start at the Open.  You are strictly judged in each of the workouts and you enter your scores online.  You can see where you fall in your local box, your region, or in the world.  I did it last year with about 8 people total and had a blast, this year CFBH had over 40 people register making it really competitive.  Each Thursday at 5p everyone would have their eyes and ears turned to the live announcement of that weeks workout.  You only had until Monday to complete it and submit your score, and most of the workouts were really difficult to do more than once in that short period.  They never make them easy, I have been constantly sore for the past 5 months. 







Travis ended up killing our division and took 1st overall, I placed 2nd, and Justin got 3rd.  I was lucky enough to get 1st place on workout 15.5 which was the last out of 5.  That got me pumped.  I didnt take off the medal for a few days.  It was a great experience competing with everyone and I cannot wait until next year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment